Welcome back, Bachelor fanatics! We’re only a couple weeks away from the premiere of Colton’s season of The Bachelor. With all the promo material that’s already been released, most of us can’t help but be super excited for Colton’s bachelor fantasy league to get underway! I’m sure many of you have already done serious strategizing and gone down the deep, deep, black hole of social media stalking all the 23 years olds that will surely make this season a train wreck we’ll never forget!
Here are some updates and reminders for your leagues:
- We’ll be providing weekly points updates as usual, as well as uploading an updated scoring spreadsheet each week to make scoring your league as easy as possible. You can check out the blank template here My Bachelor Fantasy Scoring Template- Colton
- This season, points will be posted each week by Friday. I’ll aim to have them posted earlier, but with this being a one woman operation I can’t always get them tallied and posted the day after the episode airs
- Check out he Scoring page for this season’s point categories. New this season: 10 points to any contestant who mentions the “journey”. A few hard to track & rarely awarded categories from last season were eliminated
- The contestant bios are out and can be found here. These are a great drafting tool and a nice sneak peak at what’s to come this season!
- Since most leagues don’t draft until after Episode 1, Episode 2 will be the first week for which we tally and post points. If your league has already drafted, you can award points as you see fit (perhaps 25 points to each contestant who received a rose), or hold off until Episode 2 with the rest of us
- We recommend holding your draft between the airing of Episodes 1 and 2. This allows you to get to know the contestants a bit before drafting them on your team, and prevents the huge cut of women on the first night from destroying anyone’s team. However, if you have a huge league and need all the initial contestants in order to share the love among your league, feel free to draft based on the whole cast prior to night one. For more detailed information on drafts and league administration, visit the How to Play page.
Finally, though we’re all dying to know who Colton chooses, this is a spoiler free zone! I seriously avoid spoilers mainly because I love watching the story play out on TV, but also to avoid any bias in commentary & awarding points. We’ll never post spoilers on this site until the episodes air on ABC (west coast).
Now assemble your leagues! What do you have to lose??
Any questions? Shoot me an email or tweet!